





This week was lovely in that we got to host our old landlord and friend (from England and South Africa) Rita. She lives several hours south of here and it was great to hear about the adventures she and her children are experiencing as they set up a permanent home in France and in an old farm.
It was less lovely at home and at school...good progress on some fronts but forgotten test, a lost metro pass (grrrrrrrrrrrrr), lost badminton racket (grr), and Jan and Liam fighting bugs, with Jan back on antiobiotics.
I took the boys to Chinatown this AM - they scootered and I walked and then we took the tram back. Enjoy the pics along the way. I love the attention to detail in public spaces in Paris - the stonework, sidewalks, pedestrian seats at amazing tram and bus stops, etc., etc. We also passed Le Corbusier's first residential building (it is the white building above). Someone (can't remember who) told me, last year, that academics with families should only take sabbaticals where the mundane (shopping for groceries, a short walk to the park, going to the bank, running the boys) is interesting, assuming they have a choice...I can see the wisdom in this advice.
Found out we can watch the best US news source around...more real than the real, on the internet yesterday - hooray!!!!
Better run...have a good weekend. K