Sunday, November 11, 2007

Loire Valley/Back to the big city








Hi again...long time no hear...too busy, basically, with school holidays, visitors, and work. But I'm back and have some pics from a five day trip to an interesting and lovely part of the Loire Valley, about 1.5 hours south of Paris by train. We shared a big gite (rental house) - an ex-minister's house on church ground (reminded me of Father Ted's house!) - with Jan's sister and family (Deanne, Ian, Jocelyn, Sylvia, Anya) and Jan's mother (Vivian). We've been back in Paris for over a week too and have been doing things here, while I've been swamped with work (don't ask...). Jan and Liam have also been on yet more antibiotics, and hard at work fighting sinus/chest infections. It finally looks like things are settling down now.

I'm off on Tuesday to give a seminar in London, and then a Friday workshop in Brussels. My first time on the train from Paris to London, which should be a lovely way to travel, not the least as the new Eurostar train station at St. Pancras, is opening on 14 November. Unfortunately I'll be away when the strikes start up again so I am hoping I can make it back from Brussels on 17 November...if not I'll be on the bus or hitchin a ride...wish me luck! And even better, wish Janice luck with the new adult-sized push scooter we bought so she can help get the boys to and from school on Wednesday and Thursday when the strike is on and I am away...we (especially moi) are hoping it will not be on too long, especially when I am travelling about the continent (not for fun, I assure everyone!). I'll never live this one down...